New York Roofing Contractor, Roof Repairs, and Roof Inspections for Syracuse NY, Auburn NY, and Skaneateles NY
Did you know that your roof plays a essential part of keeping the entire structure of your house in good condition? Your roof is the first line of defense to keep your home protected from water, which can lead to decay and rot of your homes structure and foundation. A roof deflects water away from your walls, which can be damaged by the growth of molds and mildews. A roof also can help contribute to a more energy efficient home. So when you need a roofing company in Up-state New York for replacement or repairs, it imperative that you hire a professional you know that you can trust with the job.
We are a team of licensed and highly trained roof installers, with extensive experience. We guarantee excellent results on every project we do. We know how important a roof is to a home, and we ensure we don't cut any corners, and do everything we can to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations.
Get Your Free Estimate Today!
Hurry Up to Get Our special Offer for Scheduling Your Free Estimate Today!
A new roof can give your building style, charm, and character. Most importantly, a new roof will provide protection for your home or business. We offer top quality roofing materials and a large inventory of accessories such as gutters and rain guards to finish off the job. Let us customize your roof to give it the distinction your building deserves.
Tile - Tile is a great option because of the extended lifespan and style. It can often outlive the structure supporting it. Tile won't rot or burn, and it can't be harmed by insects.
- Concrete is now being used as roofing tile material. Shingles, simulated wood shakes, lightweight tiles, and concrete panels are being manufactured from a variety of fiber reinforced cement products. The advantages of concrete roofing vary from product to product, but generally they all have a prolonged lifespan, require very little maintenance, offer good fire protection, and are resistant to rot and insects. Many concrete tile designs will mimic the look of wood shakes, but offer the benefits of durability and fire protection.
- Clay tile is a good choice for homes that are designed in the style of Italian, Spanish, or Southwest architecture; it can also be considered for a modern look. It requires little maintenance, and comes in a variety of colors, styles, and brands. The biggest drawback to clay tile can be its weight. Depending on the material used to make it, tile can be very heavy, so heavy that extra roof support may be required.
Slate - Actual slate is a shingle sized sliver of rock. Although slate is an expensive choice, it offers the ultimate natural look, and can be laid out in a variety of patterns. The benefits of slate are identical to those of tile: a very long lifespan, good fire protection, low maintenance, and an invulnerably to rot and insects. It comes in an assortment of sizes and colors, although colors are limited to those found in nature. Like tile, slate can be very heavy, so sometimes it may require additional structural support.
Composition - Composite roofs are identified by the variety of ingredients that go into their manufacture. The combination of materials in composite roofing allows for greater protection from the elements. The various materials combined is what gives it strength and durability. They can be made from an assortment of material, such as: asphalt or asbestos shingles, laminate, plastics, tar paper, shake, slate, wood, and other materials. The mixing of these ingredients creates a superior roofing shingle and allows for a diversity in design.
- 3-Tab is often considered the least expensive option for shingles. The style appears as a single layer product, and has a distinct pattern of tabs.
- Laminates have become the more common choice in composition roofing. They are the evolution of the basic 3-Tab. Laminates have an additional tabbed layer that is fused to a base shingle. This process effectively doubles the thickness of the material. The appearance resembles wood shake, and is available in a wide range of colors.
- Premium shingles are a heavier Laminate and represent the top of the line in composition roofs. They are thicker, heavier, and larger than the standard Laminates. They can also often incorporate extra features like moss retardants and modified asphalts.
Wood - Wood shake and shingles are manufactured from cypress, pine, and redwood trees. The shakes are split from logs, and then reshaped by the manufacturer for use. The surface, on one or both sides, are split to obtain the textured effect.
- Tapersawn Shake is the hybrid of a shingle and a split shake. It has a uniform appearance with the texture of wood.
- Cedar Shake shingles can be used for an entire roof, or as a design element to add an accent. It is milled from the center of a cedar tree, and can be cut straight. It also has a natural toxin that will protect your roof against rot and insects.
Metal - Modern metal roofs are high tech, a popular style, and will virtually last forever. Metal roofing is sturdy and lightweight. Metal is also fireproof; which can be a benefit that may help lower an insurance bill (it is worth checking into). Metal can usually be installed over an existing roof, which can save the additional cost of a tear-off. There are many color choices that can be applied at the factory.
- Standing Seam is the popular style of long colored panels with raised seams running vertically up the face of the roof. This style creates a sleek and modern appearance, with no exposed fasteners. This style is well suited for snow zones, since the ice and snow easily slide off the smooth surface. The maintenance is nearly nonexistent when the pitch of the roof is fairly steep.
- Decorative is a style of small metal panels that are formed into the shape of tile roofing. It is an interlocked application in the same way as tile, as well as no exposed fasteners like the standing seam style. Decorative metal is the perfect choice when you want the look of tile, but the roof structure won’t hold the weight.
Keeping your roof clean is a key component to maintaining the health of the roof. There are organisms that can live and feed off the organic material in shingles.The organisms, specifically algae, lichens, and moss, will feed off of the shingles causing damage. Weak areas in the shingles will invite moisture into the roof deck, which will often cause wood rot. Once the wood begins to rot, it will become an ideal environment for mold to grow. Mold growth can pose a health risks for both people and pets. A clean roof will help facilitate a long lasting roof and is good house maintenance.
Upstate New York Roof Inspections
Problem: Most roofing issues aren't noticed by homeowner until they have began to leak.
Solution: Catch the problem early enough so you can save money, and avoid unnecessary repairs.
The average homeowner can't recognize the problems that arise when a roof is going bad. That's why at AR Property Solutions we suggest you get a roof inspection at least once every 3 years.
During an inspection we'll check for leaks, slouching, water damage, and other related problems. We help you prevent getting caught with even more significant and extensive repairs. If we find any repairs needed, we will explain to you the problem in understandable terms, and then recommend the most cost efficient solution for your home.
Recycle Your Roof Materials
Our community is important to us, and one way we strive to make a difference is by recycling used building material. Our team will remove the debris from your project, then we take as much as we can to a recycle center for disposal. AR Property Solutions offers roofing services to residential and commercial building customers. Click here to contact us for an estimate.